Session 4: Lies
Genesis 27:18-29, & Various
We can live a life of integrity by believing these truths about God.
- A deceitful son. (V 18-23)
- A deceived father. (V 24-27)
- A stolen blessing. (V 28-29)
4 Truths We Must Believe:
- God will always keepHis promises. (2 Cor. 1:20; Isaiah 14:27)
- God is the source of blessing. (James 1:17)
- God wants us to put others ahead of ourselves (Philippians 2:3)
- God knows our motives and actions. (Jeremiah 17:10)
Discussion Questions for the week:
1. What makes us doubt the promises of God?
2. What lies do we believe about where our wealth, joy and fulfillment come from?
3. What are some tangible ways you can put others first?
4. How does knowing God knows our thoughts and actions impact our integrity?
Next Week’s Reading: Week 5
|Day||Adults and Teens||Kids|
|Monday||Genesis 39-40||Genesis 39:22|
|Tuesday||Genesis 41||Genesis 41:39-41|
|Wednesday||Genesis 42-43||Genesis 42:5-6|
|Thursday||Genesis 44-45||Genesis 45:3-5|
|Friday||Genesis 46-47||Genesis 46:5-6|
Pastor Ben writes a devotion every day on a passage in the F260 plan at benjenning.org.
Today’s Memory Verse:
1 John 3:18
My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
Next Week’s Memory Verse:
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.